We talk libraries. Why? Because public libraries are awesome. They’re on of the few unalloyed successes in social experiments. They do good in a wide array of areas, and they’re free to use (because we support them as taxpayers). If you want to hear Chris giddy, this is the episode.
The second of two episodes recorded live at NC State University on September 22, 2016. (Yep, our schedule is way different this year. You can thank Stephen’s Ph.D. thesis and the combination of Chris’ M. Div., work, and travel for that!)
- Dewey Decimal System
- Library of Congress Classification system
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7: exploding phone, do not buy, return if you bought one
- TESOL (“Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages”)
- “Widows and Revolutionaries” by Darling Valley. Used by permission.
- “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho. After this episode, he should write something about libraries… for the orchestra.
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Andrew Fallows
- Kurt Klassen
- Jeremy Cherfas
- Jeremy W. Sherman