We’ve mostly been in the weeds of thinking about specific interventions around technologism this season. Today, we press pause and just spend some time imagining—dare we say, dreaming—of what a non-technocratic world might look and feel like.
- The Dispossessed, Ursula K. Le Guin
- Confessions, Augustine
- The Expanse
- Kim Stanley Robinson, New York 2140 and Mars Trilogy, beginning with Red Mars
- our collective forgetting of the 1970s
- Life Finds a Way Kickstarter
- What Technology Wants, Kevin Kelly (Chris cited it as being from Wired; in fact it is a book by one of the cofounders of Wired)
- Software Against Humanity? An Illichian perspective on the industrial era of sofware, Stephen Kell
- Ivan Illich, Tools for Convivality
- The Bible Project – Series on Generosity (Abundance and Scarcity)
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Daniel Ellcey
- Jake Grant
- Jeremy W. Sherman
- Marnix Klooster
- Nathaniel Blaney
- Spencer Smith
If you’d like to support the show, you can make a pledge at Patreon or give directly via Square Cash.
We love to hear your thoughts. Hit us up via Twitter, Facebook, or email!